Apply to the Leadership Institute Class of 2020
Application Deadline: July 11, 2019
ACEC WI Leadership Institute is a leadership and career development series created for Wisconsin design professionals. This leadership experience is designed to launch individuals on a development track for successful project management and principal positions. Leadership Institute is ideal for individuals new to managing people and/or projects and experienced individuals looking to enhance leadership and business skills.
Leadership Institute Sessions
- A/E Firm Leadership: Know Thyself Then Others – Become more self-aware and apply leadership techniques to motivate and engage others.
- Business Development and Marketing: What It Takes to Win Work - Winning work feeds your company’s engine. This session includes interactive discussions and hands-on activities that help attendees understand industry best practices that are adaptable and scalable to any firm size or structure.
- Running the Business - Leaders need to understand the fundamentals of running a successful business. This session focuses on the importance of financial score keeping, reading statements and reports, key indicators and what impacts future growth.
- Risk Management for Future Firm Leaders - The success of an engineering firm is dependent on managing risk. This program provides the information leaders need to know and understand about risk management. Learn to think beyond the technical work and more like a businessperson.
- Government Affairs 101/Legislative Day - Understanding the impact of the legislative process on the industry is critical. This session focuses on why it is important for design professionals to build relationships with legislators and participate in the legislative process.
- Work/Life Balance for Effective Leaders - To avoid burnout in this fast-paced world, it is important to effectively balance and manage work and personal life to be happy, healthy and productive.
Leadership Institute participants receive a diverse training on the leadership and business skills necessary to succeed in the design profession. Through goal-setting and an accountability structure, participants are challenged personally and professionally to set and achieve goals. A key benefit are the relationships built through the experience. Strong, lasting bonds are formed, and new ideas develop out of networking throughout the shared experience. Download the program brochure to learn more. The deadline to apply is July 11, 2019.